Department: Don Valley Construction.
Reporting to: Construction Director.
Salary: £51,156 per annum.
Benefits: Contributory pension, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays/ company vehicle.
Base: Remote/Site/ Hybrid Working.
About the company
Don Valley Engineering Co. Ltd are a multi-disciplinary engineering company specialising in delivering bulk material handling projects across a range of industries.
A great opportunity has arrived to join a growing vibrant company as we are looking to appoint a Construction Manager for our Construction division. These projects are within heavy engineering / material handling sector.
Construction Manager role & responsibilities:
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Overall management of project teams during the construction and installation phase of the project.
- Co-ordination of constructability input during solutions identification and development phase.
- Co-ordination and allocation of construction staff to projects ensuring that appropriate construction and installation staff are appointed to individual projects: based on experience, skills and knowledge.
- Liaises with the Project Managers to ensure that the construction resource pool is an appropriate size, with an appropriate blend of skill sets for the projected workload.
- Overall management of construction resources including Labour, Plant and Materials.
- Overall performance management of subcontractors.
- Ensures that the construction and installation teams are accountable for their performance against agreed schedules and man-hour budgets.
- Ensures that all construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation.
- Ensures that the duties of the Principal Contractor are discharged in accordance with the CDM Regulations.
- Ensures that all temporary and permanent construction and installation activities are carried out in accordance with agreed quality procedures.
- Interfaces with all other functional leaders within the organisation to facilitate successful development of the project from solution stage constructability through construction, installation, commissioning, and handover to the client.
- Ensure regular input from the Project Manager is gained on third party, environmental and public relations issues.
- Participate in, and positively promote, the Don Valley Engineering Culture Development Culture (leading to Zero Harm).
- Work with contractors to deliver site activities safely to time, cost and quality, in accordance with CDM regulations and company standards and other specific legislation.
- Ensure and enforce HSQE and good workmanship by regular communication with all contractors’ and make the contractor aware of requirement for reporting accidents /incidents. Monitor validity of Contractor’s employee’s competency documentation, prior to works commencing and during all phases of work, using sentinel and construction industry checklists.
- In liaison with the contractor, jointly inspect first off examples of elements of the works, at the earliest opportunity, in order to agree the detailed workmanship standards for consistent application to the whole of the works.
- Maintain a regular and frequent site presence at all worksites and to continually monitor, and correct where necessary, the standard and methods of work, being always vigilant for inadequacies.
- Where remedial actions are required confirm whether non-conformance reports are raised and closed out in an auditable manner.
- Maintain site diary as appropriate.
- Monitor progress of the works by regular site visits, inspections, and progress meetings, comparing work in progress with contract documents and information given at site meetings and with the overall contract programme.
- Locally agree site records with the contractor for payment purposes. Ensure contractor develops Inspection and test plans to assure the stages of the work.
- Inspect completed works and ensure readiness for bringing into safe use of infrastructure. Ensure completion of handover documentation
- Be able to supervise all direct labour as necessary and coordinator the activities of subcontractors.
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times when representing Don Valley Engineering Group.
- The successful candidate will be a hands-on Construction Manager ideally with experience in multi-million-pound projects within Heavy Engineering / Material Handling sector.
- Experience as a Contract / Project Manager.
- Proven ability to lead teams and coach on performance.
- Experience of Planning /Estimating.
- Knowledge of company policy and procedures including safety and environment related issues.
- Construction Management experience
- Experience with varied GRIP stages.
- Technical hands-on experience.
- Experience with RAMS, Lift plans, WPPSs, CPPs.
- Core Leadership values.
- SMSTS required.
- Minimum IOSH/NEBOSH or equivalent experience.
- NVQ Level 6 in Construction Management, preferred.
Job Type: Full Time Contract.
We would politely request no agencies please.